In 2017, BASSC began developing a “foundational knowledge” series of trainings appropriate for all workers in county human service agencies. Evelyn Hengeveld-Bidmon, former Staff Development manager in Santa Cruz County leads the project in collaboration with the BASSC regional group of Human Resources and Staff Development managers (BAHRC) (for more information on the project see Foundation Knowledge for Delivering County Human Services).
Each module consists of: 1) a written overview of the topic, 2) annotated agenda for classroom-based training, 3) a Learning Guide that includes discussion questions, interactive activities, and resources for further learning, and 4) a short animated video (for two modules).
• Expanding the US Social Safety Net (module with video)
• Understanding Poverty in the United States (module with video)
• Working in a Public Social Services Agency
• Introduction to Service Provision: Essential Skills for Working with Clients and Colleagues
• Health Conditions Impacting Those We Serve
• Attitudes and Ethics